May 13 – 17, 2019
- In praise of literary bullshitting, from Herman Melville to William Gaddis to Gayl Jones.
- NYC booksellers on Sally Rooney’s novels and the people who buy them.
- Susan Sontag probably wrote the book that launched her ex-husband’s career.
- Nine books that get at the “complexity, trauma, and triumph” of trying to conceive in the face of infertility.
- A former director of Stanford University Press explains the origins of the publishing house’s funding crisis.
Get the Lithub Daily
- 16 Poet Biopics, RankedMay 8, 2019 by Emily Temple
- Why Are American Men So Obsessed with Steak?May 8, 2019 by Joshua Specht
- Secret Trysts and Lost Weekends at the Chateau MarmontMay 7, 2019 by Zan Romanoff
- Rebecca Solnit: Unconscious Bias is Running for PresidentApril 30, 2019 by Rebecca Solnit
- Point/Counterpoint: David McCullough's The PioneersMay 16, 2019 by Book Marks
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets