Literary Hub is seeking a full-time assistant editor. This editor will have an integral role in the continued growth and development of the site, working closely with the managing editor, deputy editor, and editor in chief.
• Writing engaging, voice-driven blog posts for The Hub on a daily basis.
• Assisting in the management of social media platforms.
• Identifying important literary stories from around the internet for inclusion in the daily newsletter and/or The Hub.
• Planning, developing, and executing short- and long-term editorial strategies as part of the editorial team.
• Building and framing content in Lit Hub’s CMS.
Our ideal applicant has:
• The ability to write engaging, clean copy that fits in with Lit Hub’s editorial voice—and (important) the ability to do it quickly.
• Good instincts for what works online—how to engage readers, how to spark conversations, and how to optimize and frame our content for our ever-growing audience.
• Deep familiarity with the online world of books, literary journals, magazines, and the surrounding social media ecosystem.
• A minimum two years of experience in media publishing, preferably editorial.
• Familiarity with the WordPress platform.
• Familiarity with creating images for online editorial and social media.
• Familiarity with social media management software.
• Impeccable taste in books. (Like us.)
This is a full-time position, with benefits, located in New York City, but remote candidates will be considered. The salary for this position is $46,000. At Lit Hub we are dedicated to being a fully inclusive workplace, and seek in our masthead to reflect the diversity of our readership; as such, people of color, LGBTQ people, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is only open to those who are authorized to work in the US.
Apply with resume and cover letter (tell us what you like to read!) to email@example.com by February 7th.