Isaac Asimov’s Foundation trilogy has long been one of the great unadaptable science fiction works (read more on that here, along with a catalogue of Asimov’s awful serial harassment of women), but after 50 years, it has finally made it to screens. Starring noted tall man, Lee Pace (along with Jared Harris and Leah Harvey), Foundation will be premiering on Apple TV some time next year, which, when you think about it, is actually the far distant future.
Sign Up For Lithub Daily
September 14 – 18, 2020
- Roxane Gay on the legacy of Audre Lorde.
- Why Goodreads is bad for books (and readers), and where to go instead.
- Read a profile of Rumaan Alam.
- An oral history of the first National Book Festival.
- Maggie Smith on finding beauty in a broken world.
- Is Walt Whitman, exemplary poet of a politically divided US?
- Three designers on revamping the covers for George Orwell’s classic novels.