here and get excited.has sold a new novel to FSG entitled Strange Hotel. According to the listing, it is “about a woman who occupies a series of hotel rooms around the world—each of which reflects back some aspect of herself—as we discover what has or might transpire in these rooms, the rules of engagement between her and the men she sometimes meets, and the outlines of the absence she is trying to forget.” And we only have to wait until May 2020. In the meantime, read an excerpt from her debut
Sign Up For Lithub Daily
November 23 – 25, 2020
- Penguin Random House is set to buy Simon & Schuster for $2 billion.
- Leah Hampton on what the American imagination gets wrong about its rural spaces.
- Read an excerpt from Patricia Lockwood’s forthcoming novel.
- Jan Morris, noted historian and travel writer, has died at the age of 94.
- Aysegul Savas on neighborly life during the pandemic.
- Hilton Als on Joan Didion.
- One reason to start journaling: the psychological benefits of writing by hand.