October 7 – 11, 2019
- Olga Tokarczuk and Peter Handke have won the 2018 and 2018 Nobel Prizes in Literature.
- Read a profile of board book maven Sandra Boynton.
- On the optimism of Seamus Heaney.
- How to take a literary selfie.
- Thanks to President Erdoğan, more than 300,000 books have been confiscated or destroyed since 2016.
- The next logical step in autofiction: an interview with Ben Lerner’s mother.
- On translating the work of Robert Walser into dance.
- Here are the finalists for the 2019 National Book Awards.
Get the Lithub Daily
- The Secret to Shopping in Used BookstoresOctober 4, 2019 by Kelsey Rexroat
- Ocean Vuong: The 10 Books I Needed to Write My NovelOctober 1, 2019 by Ocean Vuong
- The 10 Best Debut Novels of the DecadeOctober 1, 2019 by Emily Temple
- All your favorite songs reimagined as vintage book covers. (You're welcome.)July 19, 2019 by Emily Temple
- Dorothy L. Sayers: A Crime Reader's Guide to the ClassicsOctober 11, 2019 by Neil Nyren
- Bickle’s Lament: The Cinematic Lineage of the Angry White LonerOctober 11, 2019 by Zach Vasquez
- New England Gothic, and The Uncanny Making of a MysteryOctober 11, 2019 by Neil Olson
- The Best Reviewed Books of the WeekOctober 11, 2019
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets