• The Hub

    News, Notes, Talk

    Bookshop.org to share 30 percent of each purchase with bookstores impacted by coronavirus shutdowns.

    Corinne Segal

    March 18, 2020, 11:09am

    Bookshop.org, an alternative to Amazon that shares proceeds from book sales with independent bookstores, will give more money to those stores in response to the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on small businesses.

    Bookshop announced today that it would increase bookstore partners’ affiliate share to 30 percent for every sale they refer to the site. The other 70 percent goes to operating costs like fulfillment, fees, and paying publishers.

    In the meantime, bookstore partners can also continue to use the platform to promote specific book choices and make curated lists for readers.

  • Become a Lit Hub Supporting Member: Because Books Matter

    For the past decade, Literary Hub has brought you the best of the book world for free—no paywall. But our future relies on you. In return for a donation, you’ll get an ad-free reading experience, exclusive editors’ picks, book giveaways, and our coveted Joan Didion Lit Hub tote bag. Most importantly, you’ll keep independent book coverage alive and thriving on the internet.

    %d bloggers like this: