“Navigating a white, male world was not threatening—it wasn’t even interesting,” says your queen and mine Toni Morrison in this trailer for a new documentary about her life, directed by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders. “I was more interesting than they were. And I wasn’t afraid to show it.” Oprah agrees, as do we all. See the film in select theaters June 21st.
Sign Up For Lithub Daily
February 10 – 14, 2020
- On Adrienne Miller’s In the Land of Men and powerful men in the age of print.
- Karl Ove Knausgaard goes into the Black Forest with artist Anselm Kiefer.
- Luis J. Rodriguez reflects on his experience as poet laureate of Los Angeles.
- On the swell of Asian American voices in the literary mainstream.
- Did you know Jeopardy! All-Star Ken Jennings has written 12 books?
- Want to spend your Valentine’s Day reading? Here’s a “love story” for every state.