“Navigating a white, male world was not threatening—it wasn’t even interesting,” says your queen and mine Toni Morrison in this trailer for a new documentary about her life, directed by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders. “I was more interesting than they were. And I wasn’t afraid to show it.” Oprah agrees, as do we all. See the film in select theaters June 21st.
Sign Up For Lithub Daily
September 21 – 25, 2020
- David Ebershoff on editing Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Brian Dillon on the perfect prose of Joan Didion’s photo captions.
- Here's how libraries have been responding to readers' needs during the pandemic.
- Why Dune is so hard to adapt.
- Everything you wanted to know about how the New York Times Best-Seller List gets made.
- Want to remember more of what you read? Try reading it out loud.