Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow, August 29th, is Independent Bookstore Day. This year, the festivities will be both online and in-person at 600+ local bookstores around the country, starting tonight with a conversation between Mary Norris and Ann Goldstein about Elena Ferrante’s The Lying Life of Adults.
Sign Up For Lithub Daily
September 14 – 18, 2020
- Roxane Gay on the legacy of Audre Lorde.
- Why Goodreads is bad for books (and readers), and where to go instead.
- Read a profile of Rumaan Alam.
- An oral history of the first National Book Festival.
- Maggie Smith on finding beauty in a broken world.
- Is Walt Whitman, exemplary poet of a politically divided US?
- Three designers on revamping the covers for George Orwell’s classic novels.