We are seeking a highly organized and motivated editorial fellow. The fellow will be an integral part of a small team, working closely with editors on day-to-day operations. As the fellow must be able to work with us in the office, we will not be considering remote applicants; applicants who are not currently in New York but willing to relocate should explicitly indicate that in their cover letters.
– Assistance maintaining the website
– Preparing pieces for publication: copy-editing, formatting on WordPress, headlining, and creating feature images
– Help maintaining database of forthcoming titles, as well as selecting fiction and nonfiction excerpts to feature
– General office duties
– The ability to multitask, a great deal of initiative
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Adobe Suite a plus
– A basic understanding of HTML
– Strong critical reading and writing skills
– Familiarity with contemporary literature and literary publications
– Previous publishing and/or editorial experience is preferred
This is a paid, full-time position with opportunities for advancement. The fellowship is six months (January through June). To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com by November 30th, to start January 3rd. In the cover letter, please include a paragraph detailing the best book you’ve read recently. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for the next round of consideration will be contacted.
CrimeReads is also seeking an editorial fellow. More information about the CrimeReads fellowship can be found here.