We are seeking a highly organized and motivated editorial fellow. The fellow will be an integral part of a small team, working closely with editors on day-to-day operations. This is a paid, full-time remote position.
– Assistance maintaining the website
– Preparing pieces for publication: copy-editing, formatting on WordPress, headlining, and creating feature images
– Help maintaining database of forthcoming titles, as well as selecting fiction and nonfiction excerpts to feature
– Writing short posts for our blog, The Hub
– The ability to multitask, a great deal of initiative
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Adobe Suite a plus
– A basic understanding of HTML
– Strong critical reading and writing skills
– Familiarity with contemporary literature and literary publications
– Previous publishing and/or editorial experience is preferred
The fellowship is seven months (February through August) and paid $16/hr. Applicants must be legally allowed to work in the U.S. and we cannot sponsor work permits. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com by January 18th, to start February 1st. In the cover letter, please include a paragraph detailing the best book you’ve read recently. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for the next round of consideration will be contacted.