We are seeking a highly organized and motivated editorial fellow. The fellow will be an integral part of a small team, working closely with editors on day-to-day operations. This is a paid, full-time remote position.
– Assistance maintaining the website
– Preparing pieces for publication: copy-editing, formatting on WordPress, headlining, and creating feature images
– Help maintaining database of forthcoming titles, as well as selecting fiction and nonfiction excerpts to feature
– Writing short posts for our blog, The Hub
– The ability to multitask, a great deal of initiative
– Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with WordPress and Adobe Creative Adobe Suite a plus
– A basic understanding of HTML
– Strong critical reading and writing skills
– Familiarity with contemporary literature and literary publications
– Previous publishing and/or editorial experience is preferred
The fellowship is seven months (July through January). Applicants must be legally allowed to work in the U.S. and we cannot sponsor work permits. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10th, to start July 6th. In the cover letter, please include a paragraph detailing the best book you’ve read recently. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for the next round of consideration will be contacted.