Literary Hub is seeking a full-time editor with a special expertise in crime fiction (including its subgenres: mystery, thriller, procedural, legal, historical, etc.). This editor will help in developing and launching—in collaboration with Lit Hub’s current editorial staff—a dedicated, discrete crime fiction channel that will offer the same daily editorial mix of original essays, excerpts, and online-friendly features that have made LitHub.com a success.
· Working with contributing editors and freelancers to assign and edit features related to crime fiction (original essays, interviews and profiles, etc.).
· Engaging with publishers to choose the best excerpts from forthcoming books.
· Writing compelling, audience-building features on a regular basis.
· Identifying and cultivating specific crime fiction audiences to ensure robust community engagement with the site.
Applicants must have:
· Intimate familiarity (and love for) the world of crime fiction and its subgenres.
· A minimum three years experience in managing editorial workflow, from the planning stages to finalizing copy for print.
· Familiarity with the WordPress platform.
· Expertise in best practices for maximizing online readership through SEO and social media, as well as experience using social media to represent a brand.
· Knowledge of, and professional/social contacts in, the world of crime/mystery/thriller writers, critics, conferences and publishers.
This is a full-time, salaried position located in New York City.
Apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16th.